Wake me up. Just give me a little shake. Waft coffee steam under the door. Steal my duvet and roll me off the bed. Harsh!
The temptation is to stay hiding under the covers. Warm and cosy. Snug as a bug. Is it spring yet?
No, but today’s workout would wake anyone up to face the day! 20 minutes of HIIT to strengthen and tone followed by 12 minutes HIIT skipping to get your heart rate up and you ready to go.
Part 1: HIIT, 5 rounds of the following 4 exercises with 10 seconds rest then 50 seconds to get in as many reps as possible. Push hard, make it count:
- Sandbag swings (26, 26, 26, 26)
- Medicine ball half burpee (10, 10, 8, 8, 7)
- Sandbag squat with knee tuck (19, 16, 17, 17, 17)
- Press up then side plank hip raise (alternate sides) (7, 8, 6, 6, 5)
Part 2: HIIT skipping, 6 rounds of the following 2 skipping styles with 10 seconds rest then 50 work
- High knees (as many reps as possible) (130, 121, 122, 110, 110, 109)
- Free style, moderate pace (jogging, scissors, twist jump, jacks, side-to-side jumps, alternating legs)
zzzzzzzzzz… who’s sleeping?