This song is in my head.
I had my breakfast with it. Brushed my teeth to it. Fixed my lunch while bopping around the kitchen to it. Scooted to work in time to it. Hummed it making coffee in the staff kitchen (eyebrows were raised).
No denying it, it is a catchy tune!
My shoulders and arms are sore from climbing yesterday, so today I dedicate the workout to this song.
Put it on. Turn it up.
Part 1: 18 minutes of HIIT: 3 rounds of the following 6 exercises. 10 seconds rest and 50 seconds as many reps as possible.
- Burpees (10, 10, 10)
- Half squat pulses with sandbag (get into a half squat then go halfway up, then back down, repeat) (33, 36, 34)
- Rotational sandbag lunges, alternate sides (23, 22, 21)
- Sandbag single leg step-ups with knee tuck – left leg (sandbag on the shoulder of the supporting leg) (18, 17, 14)
- Sandbag single leg step-ups with knee tuck – right leg (18, 17, 15)
- Medicine ball skater leg raise (put your hands and knees on the medicine ball, back straight, abs tight. Extend one leg to the side and raise it up. Bring it back to the center and switch legs) (20, 20, 20)
Part 2: 12 minutes alternating moderate and intense skipping. 10 seconds rest, 50 seconds as many reps as possible (only for the intense skipping)
Is your body too bootylicious?
Yeah, it is!